Unlocking Body Wisdom
Workshop for Appalachian Students: Creating Cultures of Peace with Interplay!
Join International Interplay Leader Masankho as he shares how to create cultures of peace using Interplay. InterPlay expands the possibilities of your life. It is an active creative process for personal and community transformation. It honors our desires to be whole people leading whole lives in connection with each other.
Through powerful, practical ideas and a system of practices rooted in storytelling, movement, song and stillness, you gain access to your own “body wisdom”—what works best for you, what gives you purpose, what makes you fully alive.
- be more spontaneous
- expand your awareness and confidence
- manage change and uncertainty in your life
- collaborate with and lead others
- identify your desires and broaden your choices
- trust your body and intuition
- deal with life’s difficulties
InterPlay is being used by students, educators, artists, health professionals, organizations, corporations and religious communities all over the world as:
- an integrated form of personal development
- a creative stimulus for artists and performers
- a grounding in wholeness for those in the helping professions
- a dynamic tool for organizational development
- a form of spiritual practice
- a mentoring process for life discernment at any stage of life (pre school to retirement)
Masankho originally from Malawi has been a performing artist all his life and an Interplay Leader for the past 20 years leading Interplay with communities all over the United States and around the world. He has worked with schools, churches, communities across cultures and generations. Interplay is dynamic, interactive and allows participants to engage at their own level of readiness and willingness.
Workshop: Thursday, Oct 18th 4:00- 6:00pm in Calloway Peak, Plemmons Student Union) Register: Free
Sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Student Development
and the Office of International Education and Development
College of Health Sciences